Things to bring
Winter – May through August: 45 degrees Fahrenheit (min), 85 degrees Fahrenheit (max).
Summer – September trough April: 70 degrees Fahrenheit (min), 100 degrees Fahrenheit (max).
Clothing & Personal items:
- 3 or 4 pairs of hunting pants (zip-off legs) with belt
- 3 or 4 hunting shirts (preferably clothes in natural colors or cammo)
- Light jacket and sweater
- Warm Jacket and sweater (only June – August)
- Comfortable hunting boots with 3 or 4 pairs of socks
- Camp shoes or sneakers
- Safari hat and/or cap
- 1 or 2 pairs of casual clothes for camps and travel
- Prescription and personal medication (anti-malaria if required, consult your local doctor)
- Camera and/or video camera and chargers.
- Power converter kit for South Africa (lots available on the internet)
- Laundry is done almost daily, so don’t over pack.
Financial & Personal Documents:
- Passport and airline ticket
- Rifle permits
- Copy of CITES permit if required
- Contact numbers of outfitter
- Serial numbers / USA4457 form – when traveling with a rifle
- Hotel reservation number – if any
- Wire transfers and cash
The Intrepid Lodge is a great favorite amongst our clients. It is family friendly, complete with air-conditioned rooms, bar-lounge area, heated swimming pool and spa, wireless internet...Read More
Intrepid Safaris Africa is an accredited hunting outfit. We obtain all our licenses and hunting permits prior to the hunting season and only hunt on Nature conservation approved hunting areas...READ MORE
Africa has scores of heritage sites, national parks and other tourist attractions to keep the non-hunter happy. Intrepid Safaris can create an itinerary full of other tourist attractions...READ MORE